Uniforms and Dress Code
Rose School is a uniform school.
Uniform shirts are WHITE, BURGUNDY, or RED with or without collars. T-Shirts must be solid color without decals or slogans (except Rose School logos).
Rose School Spirit Shirts are considered to be uniform shirts. Spirit Shirts may be purchased in the school office.
Pants, shorts, skirts
Uniform bottoms are solid blue or black. Black jeans and leggings are considered to meet uniform requirements. Blue jeans do not meet uniform requirements.
FREE DRESS DAYS
Throughout the school year there will be designated "Free Dress" and "Spirit" Days. On those days students are excused from wearing uniforms but clothing must adhere to district standards. Spirit Day themes are determined by the student council and students are encouraged to dress according to the designated theme.
Students must exercise appropriate discretion in their choice of clothing and personal grooming so as not to cause a disturbance or interruption for themselves or others.
- Clothing must be size appropriate for school activities. (No baggy clothes.)
- Due to daily recess activities, closed-toed shoes are required at elementary schools.
- Shoulders, chest, torso, buttocks and undergarments must be covered at all times even when arms are lifted or when bending over.
- Hats and other non-religious head coverings may not be worn indoors.
- Belts must be of appropriate length and contained within belt loops.
- Students may not wear objects or any other items of apparel that present a health or safety hazard to themselves or to other.
- Graffiti or “tag” will not be allowed on any items brought to school, i.e. backpacks, personal belongings, books, folders, notebooks, etc.
- Any clothing or personal belongings that may be deemed as gang related, that depict the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco, that contain offensive language, graphics or symbols, or are deemed as inappropriate by the Principal are also not permitted.
- Undergarments must not be visible.
- Hair decorations may not be distracting to themselves or others
The school may require additional dress standards because of special health and safety circumstances. The school has adopted uniforms as outlined in board policy 5132.1.
If a parent wishes to excuse his or her child from the uniform policy, a uniform waiver must be completed and filed with the school office each school year.