Milpitas Unified School District
Student Appearance Code
All students at Rose School are expected to wear uniforms white, red or maroon (burgundy) colored shirts, with or with out collar, along with navy blue or black pants, shorts, and skirts in any fabric except jeans or sweats. On the last Friday of the month, there is a Free Dress Day. All students (as well as those who are on Uniform Waiver) must adhere to the Milpitas Unified School District appearance code on these days.
· Clothing must be size appropriate for school activities (no baggies or saggies)
· Due to daily recess activities, closed toed shoes are required at elementary schools.
· Hats and other nonreligious head coverings may not be worn indoors.
· Belts must be of appropriate length and contained within belt loops.
· Students may not wear objects or any other items of apparel that present a health or safety hazard to themselves or to others.
· Graffiti or tag will not be allowed on any items brought to school, i.e. backpacks, personal belongings, books, folders, notebooks, etc.
· Examples of unacceptable clothing are: tube or tank tops, sport bras or tops, haltertops, and short shorts or skirts. The torso must be covered at all times even when arms are lifted or when bending over.
- Hair color/style/decorations can not be distracting to themselves or others.
Undergarments must not be visible.
· The following are also not acceptable: any cloths or personal belongings that may be deemed as gang related that depict the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco that contain offensive language, graphics or symbols, or are deemed as inappropriate by the site administrator. Students in violation of the Clothing Policy will receive a consequence as noted on their referral forms.